Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
If you have a low ceiling for your room, it is a good idea to get a bunk bed that has a low profile, so your kids will have less chance of getting hit on their heads.
It is recommended to have 2 or more feet in between the ceiling and the bed.
* Please note, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics you should not allow your kids to sleep on top of the bunk when they are under 6 years old.
You should place the it in the corner to lessen the chance of your kid falling out of the bed.
You should also teach your kids not to jump on the top and bottom beds. Your kids might get hurt if they do, like if the top bunk collapses.
Please use caution and install safety guardrails. Make sure ladders are sturdy and please do get a night light for your kids in that room.
It is for your child sleeping on the top bunk to be able to see the ladder for getting down to go to the rest room in the middle of the night.
When I say BEST, it is referring to my own opinion on the following choices.
Twin Low Height Bunk Beds With Ladder
Camaflexi Mission Style Solid Wood Low Bed with Drawers
- There are two available colors to choose from for this design. The colors are white and Cappuccino.
- You can also select either the ladder to be End Angled Ladder or Side Attached Ladder. My preferred choice would be the End Angled Ladder, because the bottom bunk will have more space to get out of the bed and it is more convenient.
- The bed includes two drawers for storage for clothes in the bottom bed.
- The top bunk also includes rail support for safety.
- It doesn’t require any special mattress. All it needs is a standard twin size mattress which is not included with this purchase. That means you would have to buy it separately, if you don’t have one.
- The measurement is about 58-1/2″ W x 95-1/2″ D x 42-1/2″ H.
- It is made with solid wood.
- This is a great bed for kids to sleep on.
Coaster 460056k Full Over Full Bed
This bed is a Full over Full size which means the top and bottom bunks fit a full size standard mattress. It looks great and has two colors to select from between white and black. The price is pretty affordable to me and it has an excellent average rating by users who have bought this item.
- You have an option to choose expert assembly or not.
- The material is metal and weighs about 119 pounds.
- It has guard rails to protect you from falling off the top bed.
- It has two built in ladders at the end of each side for easy access to the top bunk.
- A Full over full design in size which means you will have more space to sleep on.
- It doesn’t require a bunkie board to use this bed.
- The measurement for this bed is 78.2 “L x 57″ W x 59” H. The height is about 4.91 feet.
Twin Loft Bed with Trundle, Stair and Drawers
Bedz King Stairway Bed Twin over Twin
If you need one that has stepping stairs and drawers for clothes then the below one is the one you should check out.
This one is twin over twin which means it uses a standard twin size mattress for the top and bottom bunk. It is made out of pine wood. The measurement is 102″ L x 42″ W x 62″ H. The height is about 5.16 feet.
It requires assembly with the included tools. It has a total of 5 drawers for storage: Three under the stepping stairs and 2 under the bottom bed. Obviously, the ones under the bed are bigger than the ones in the stairs.
It weighs about 265 pounds. So it is a good idea to have more than one person in the house when it is being delivered.
The stepping stair can be installed on either side of the bed. It is your choice to pick and it is possible to separate the bed into two different rooms. Of course the stair is not able to be used if that is the case.
Embrace Youth Twin Loft Bed with Trundle
If you have a very small room for your kids, then maybe you should give this loft bed a try. It doesn’t take much space at all. Both of your two kids can sleep on it.
It is also not that high if they do fall off the bed. Here is the measurement: 95″ L x 42″ W x 42″ H. The whole thing is about 3.5 feet in height. This one is not really a bunk bed. It does save a lot of space.
To sleep on the bottom bed, you would have to pull out the trundle or make it look like an L shape. It has 3 storage drawers on the steps.